This Skinny Pineapple Milkshake is one of my favorites for summer. It is super easy to make since it has only 2-3 ingredients. And besides the fact that it tastes delicious, cool, creamy and sunny – it is incredibly healthy! Rich in the digestive enzyme bromelain – which is only found in pineapple. Plus it is dairy-free. Get this sassy summer smoothie recipe and be sipping on a skinny shake in a flash!..
Skinny Pineapple Milkshake
1 cup pineapple chunks, frozen
1 banana, frozen or fresh (optional)
1 cup non-dairy milk (vanilla flavor)
Directions: Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Tools: High speed blenders work best for a creamy shake-like smoothie – you may need to add a few extra splashes of liquid to get things swirling in a ‘regular’ speed blender.
* For best flavor, I like to freshly chop my own pineapple – dice into cubes/chunks – then freeze myself. I find the flavor and juiciness is better than the bagged frozen fruit.
* You can use a fresh or frozen banana – the frozen banana will create a more milkshake-like texture.
* And yes, the banana is optional. You can omit the banana and just have a pure pineapple shake. If you omit the banana, you may want to add an extra handful of frozen pineapple to keep the texture thick and icy. If you are allergic to banana – try subbing with avocado or frozen mango instead – both add creaminess.
* I like soy milk best for my liquid. However almond and rice milks work well too. Soy has the creamiest texture.
* Add-ins: You can also add in a wide variety of ingredients to tweak your shake if you’d like! Try coconut flakes, a splash of coconut milk, fresh or frozen berries, mango, chia or flax seeds, or even cacao powder! Chocolate and pineapple actually make a pretty tasty combination!
* Make it extra creamy, extra milkshake-like by adding in an additional frozen banana. Add just enough liquid to be able to blend smoothly.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: