What if you could bottle not just the leprechauns rainbow, but all of his treasured gold waiting at the bottom of that rainbow for that special someone in your life? Well, now you can! These adorable, simple Lucky Rainbow Jars are easy enough to be considered a kids craft, but are cute enough to be mailed to someone who really needs a day brightener. Here are details on how you make your own Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow … in a jar, just after the jump.
St. Patty’s Day Jar
- Mason jar
- Golden coin candies
- Mini marshmallows
- Green ribbon
- Drop 5 small packs of golden coin candies into the bottom of a large mason jar.
- Open a large bag of Skittles and dump it into a bowl.
- Separate each of the colors into piles. We used two types of Skittles and combined the pink & red, orange & yellow, greens, and blues & purples. You can do whatever you please!
- Gently pour the Skittles, color by color, on top of your golden coins. Start with purple and end with red on top.
- Top your Skittles with mini marshmallows. Pack the marshmallows inside to ensure the Skittles won’t move.
- Place the lid and ring on your mason jar. Tie a sign that says “St. Patty’s Day in a Jar” or “Lucky Rainbow in a Jar.” Your jar is ready to mail, give, or pour out and eat.