Stand ‘N Stuff Breakfast TacosSara O'Donnell
Turn breakfast time into a fiesta! A fiesta in your mouth that is.
Old El Paso Stand ‘N Stuff Flour Tortillas make the perfect vehicle for all your favorite breakfast taco fixings. And unlike regular flour tortillas, these literally STAND UP to whatever you STUFF inside.
I like to pile my breakfast tacos high with soft scrambled eggs, country style potatoes, bacon, cheese and spicy guacamole … what do you like to stuff in yours?
Stand ‘N Stuff Breakfast Tacos
4 Old El Paso Stand ‘N Stuff Flour Tortillas
16 ounces diced russet potatoes (2 cups)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
5 large eggs
4 pieces of cooked bacon
1/2 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
hot sauce (to taste, optional)
1 ripe avocado, mashed
1 TBSP diced green onion
1 TBSP diced jalapeno
2 TBSP diced tomato
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
3. Add onion and red bell pepper and continue cooking until vegetables are softened and potatoes are cooked through. Set aside.
4. To make the guacamole, mash avocado in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze in fresh lime juice and stir. Stir in green onion, jalapeno, tomato and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Scramble 5 eggs over medium-low heat, just until cooked and fluffy. Tip with shredded cheese and allow to melt.
6. Assemble tacos in a Stand ‘N Stuff Flour tortilla by layering ingredients in the following order: eggs with melted cheese, crisp bacon, potatoes, hot sauce (optional), guacamole.
Watch my video Stand ‘N Stuff Breakfast Tacos for added instruction, entertainment and tips! And tell me, what are your favorite ingredients to STUFF into a breakfast taco?
Check out these other great BREAKFAST RECIPES here on Babble Food:
How To Make Homemade Buttermilk Strawberry Pancakes Drizzled In Chocolate
Caramel Apple French Toast
Baked Eggs in Tomatoes: Simply Delicious