Remember that line in “O Christmas Tree” that says “Oh Christmas tree, such pleasure do you bring me!” Let it be the refrain in your head while you munch on these delicious holiday cookies.
Not to mention, this adorable holiday dessert is actually pretty easy to make. Set out a platter with a forest of these tasty Christmas trees, and they’ll be gone by the end of the night!
Strawberry Christmas Tree Cookies
- 12 ounces green candy melts (found at Michael’s or online on Amazon)
- 1 pound of strawberries, stems removed
- Star sprinkles (for “tree toppers”)
- White chocolate covered cookie of your choice
- Resealable plastic sandwich bag for piping
- Two-pronged skewers
- Spoon a small amount of frosting into a plastic bag and pipe a circle around the top of the cookie to create a base for the strawberry.
- Microwave candy melts according to the package. Tip: It’s best to do small increments, such as 30 seconds, at a time and stir the melts in between.
- Once candy melts are fully melted, use a two pronged skewer at the stem end of the strawberry to dip it into the green candy melt.
- Shake off excess candy coating gently. Using a toothpick inserted into the pointed end of the dipped strawberry, carefully place the strawberry on top of the frosted cookie.
- Decorate with sprinkles and a star sprinkle on top while the candy coating is still wet. It will usually dry in about 10 minutes.