I’ll admit — my favorite characters in Cinderella were always the mice. Hardworking, loyal, and so clever!!
So I was smitten with these charming and healthy snacks — and you’ll be too! Even the littlest hands can help assemble, and everyone will enjoy this spin on the traditional “cheese and fruit plate.”
Hole in the baseboard strictly optional…
Strawberry “Mice” and Cheese Snacks
Makes: 2 strawberries/2 cheese + crackers serves 1
- Sliced almonds
- Reduced sodium string cheeses
- Reduced sodium swiss cheese
- Whole wheat crackers
- For each serving, place two slices of swiss cheese atop two crackers – arrange on a serving tray and put aside.
- Wash and dry the strawberries; remove the stem end and carve a small hole for the “tail.” Using a small sharp knife, slice off a bit of the underside of each berry, so that it sits flat.
- Insert two almonds as shown, for the “ears”. Make the “tails” by peeling small, thin slice of string cheese (trim length if desired).
- Place a strawberry “mouse” on each cheese/cracker; serve immediately.