Sweet And Salty Seaweed PeanutsNicole Presley
I’m absolutely nuts for peanuts. I crave them at every ball game, and love peeling off the shell as I cheer for my team. I use them in several recipes from desserts to salad toppers. I especially enjoy them with a cold drink, and go giddy when a little plate is placed in front of me at a bar or restaurant. I recently went to a Chinese restaurant and a small plate of sweet and salty seaweed peanuts was served as we looked over the menu. I thought it was a unexpected combo but dig in anyway, WOW….. I was more than pleasantly surprised. Within a few minutes the whole plate was gone. I came home and recreated the peanuts for a small gathering I was having that weekend. Yes, everyone loved them and asked how I came about this recipe. I told them about the Chinese restaurant and how I had to have more. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Sweet and Salty Seaweed Peanuts:
- 2 – cups roasted Spanish peanuts (with the skin on)
- 3 – tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 – tablespoons table salt
- 1/4 – cup crumbled roasted and salted seaweed
- In a big ziplock combine all ingredients.
- Shake well to mix well.
- Seal the bag shut and allow peanuts to sit in bag for a day or two.
- The oils from the crumbled seaweed and peanuts will help the sugar and salt stick to peanuts.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.