Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or Taco Tuesday this twist on tacos is something you need to try. Taco Cones pair spicy ground turkey with yummy veggies and a crispy shell. They can easily be adapted into a vegetarian recipe — just swap the ground turkey for tofu or veggies. Make them for your next fiesta or just for dinner. We promise everyone will love them!
- 6 waffle cones
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup onions, diced
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 3/4 cup yellow peppers, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Taco seasoning, to taste
- Lettuce, shredded (for topping)
- Tomatoes, diced (for topping)
- Avocado, cubed (for topping)
- Cilantro, chopped (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wrap waffle cones in tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll the dough onto a work surface and gently press to eliminate the perforations. With the short side of the dough facing you, use a sharp knife to cute 6 long strips.
- Wrap the cones, one at a time, with a strip of dough, slightly overlapping as you go. Tip: make sure the tip of the cone is completely covered to prevent leaks.
- Place cones upside done on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool.
- For the taco filling: sauté onions, red bell peppers, yellow peppers, and ground turkey in taco seasoning.
- Stuff cones with taco filling and top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Enjoy!