Cream of corn has been a Thanksgiving staple since the Native Americans and Pilgrims decided to break bread. If you are anything like me, making a holiday feast is a lot of work. There is so much to do, and has to be done within a certain amount of time. Make this jalapeno cream of corn and throw it in the slower cooker and find the extra time to prepare other dishes. That’s what I do. Enjoy!
Jalapeno Cream Of Corn 1 of 4
This delicious jalapeno cream of corn is the perfect spicy side dish for the holidays.
Ingredients 2 of 4
A few of the ingredients needed for this ideal side dish.
In The Slow Cooker 3 of 4
Add all the ingredients to the slower cooker, and forget about it. Go ahead make some other dish for your holiday feast!
Cream Of Corn With A Kick 4 of 4
You can just kick yourself if you don't make this dish.
Ingredients for jalapeno cream of corn:
- 1 1/2 – sticks of butter (3/4 cup)
- 3 – jalapeno (cut small, remove seeds for less heat)
- 16 – ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 – cup onion (diced)
- 1 – tablespoon diced garlic
- 1/2 – cup vegetable broth
- 32- ounces frozen corn
- salt and pepper to taste (add once jalapeno cream of corn)
- Cut butter into chunks, dice jalapenos, cut cream cheese into chunks, and dice onion.
- Combine butter, jalapeno, cream cheese, onion, garlic, broth, and corn in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, mix the corn after 2 hours.
- Serve hot.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.