Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company.
If you’ve ever dreamed of bringing pizza on-the-go, we have the perfect solution for you. Enjoy delicious and fresh Tomato Basil Zoodle Jars, but without the added carbs. Each bite is filled with spiralized vegetables, topped with tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, and an easy, no-cook sauce. This mason jar lunch recipe makes the perfect meal for those busy weekdays!
Tomato Basil Zoodle Jars
No-Cook Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 4 purple carrots
- 2 medium-sized yellow summer squash
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 medium-sized green zucchini
- 1/2 cup turkey pepperoni
- 4 ounces low-fat, fresh mozzarella, hand torn
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- To make sauce, blend tomatoes, garlic, basil, and parsley until smooth.
- Trim edges off sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, and zucchini. Peel sweet potatoes. Wash all vegetables.
- Using a spiralizer set to Blade C or D, spiralize vegetables into long spaghetti-like noodles.
- Pour tomato sauce into a pint-sized mason jar. Add sweet potato, carrot, and squash noodles. Use fork to arrange noodles. Add tomatoes, zucchini noodles, pepperoni, mozzarella, and basil.
The Mickey Check is a quick and easy way for families to identify healthier food options in stores, online, on-air, at Disney theme parks, and other places where Disney products are sold. Click here for more Mickey Check recipes.