If watermelons don’t scream “summer,” we don’t know what does. With a combination of delicious flavors, like avocados, lime juice, feta cheese, and watermelon, this quick Watermelon Guacamole recipe will add some fun to the season. Grab your favorite tortilla chips and take a dip into this sweet twist on the classic guac, as you soak up some sun!
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 cup watermelon, diced (plus extra for garnish)
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Scoop tortilla chips, for serving
- Small watermelon, for serving
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin.
- Place the avocado in a bowl. Smash avocado with a fork until desired consistency.
- Add the cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, feta cheese, watermelon, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Slice small watermelon in half and scoop out inside to create a cute serving bowl.
- Scoop guacamole into watermelon bowl. Garnish with extra feta cheese and diced watermelon, if desired.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.