My daughter requested worms and dirt pops after school today, but didn’t have enough time to freeze them. I figured out that what she really loved about the pops was that you could see all the layers of worms and dirt. Problem solved by busting out the mason jars, now she can see the layers (and it’s become picnic portable too!). We kind of cheated with this recipe, making it SO easy she just whipped it up all by herself and even made one for her brother! Keep reading for our easy cheats…
Worms and Dirt in a Jar Recipe
- 2 small mason jars
- 2 tubs of prepared chocolate pudding (snack pack)
- 8 oreos with the filling removed, then crushed
- 12-16 gummy worms
- Pour a layer of cookie crumbs in each jar, covering the bottom.
- Add 2-4 gummy worms, the top with pudding and another layer of cookie crumbs.
- Stick gummy worms on top and coming out of the edge or place gummy worms on top, in the jar and cover to make it portable.
- Makes 2 worms and dirt in a jar.