One of my favorite combinations is Greek yogurt and fruit. Greek yogurt is high in protein and leaves me feeling full, while berries (like blueberries!) have antioxidants — important for your health, diet, and skin. Food that tastes delicious and makes me feel good is #1 on my list!
There are many days that I want something a little different, and don’t have time to make breakfast, which is why these popsicles come to the rescue! Make them the day before to grab and go.
Yogurt and Berry Marbled Popsicles
- 2 cups blueberries (or mixed berries), fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup (I recommend Grade B as it has a more pronounced flavor and is lower in sugar)
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (if using plain, add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Special equipment: popsicle molds and sticks
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, water, and 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Bring to a boil until the liquid becomes thick and almost syrup like. Remove from heat and do not mash the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons maple syrup, Greek yogurt, and almond milk.
- Fill the popsicle molds just over half full of the yogurt-almond milk recipe. Spoon in the berry mixture to fill the mold. You can also combine the berries into the yogurt mix and gently combine all the ingredients so that the berries are scattered evenly.
- Place the molds in the freezer for about 1 hour. Then remove molds and insert the wooden sticks into each slot. Place back into the freezer for about 4-5 hours, or until popsicles are totally solid.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day or for breakfast!
Notes: This recipe can be tweaked to your liking. Feel free to add some granola or mixed berries for more flavor and texture! You can also experiment with the blueberries — add as much or as little as you’d like.