Zucchini Cilantro RiceNicole Presley
I’m always looking for new ways to add veggies to my son’s diet. Then I remembered when I was a little girl my grandmother used to add zucchini into our Mexican rice along with cilantro, and I never knew it was there. I made this zucchini cilantro rice last night for dinner along with mole enchiladas, and my son ate it down with no hesitation. I usually get some push back from him when it comes to zucchini, but not last night. Make this lovely rice for dinner tonight. Enjoy!
Ingredients for zucchini cilantro rice:
- 3 – tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 – cups rice
- 1 – zucchini (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 – cup cilantro leaves (chopped fine)
- 1 – tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 – teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1/2 – teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 – teaspoon black pepper
- 3 – cups chicken broth
- In a medium size sauce pan fit with a lid (place lid to the side for a later use) over a medium flame, add butter and allow to melt.
- Add in rice. Allow rice to brown, mixing with a wooden spoon every two to three minutes. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Add in zucchini and continue to saute rice and zucchini for about 7 additional minutes.
- Add in cilantro, garlic, seasoning salt, basil, and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil.
- Once broth is boiling, cover pan with lid, and LOWER flame to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.