10 Things You May Not Know About New Mom Jewelshellthings
Jewel just gave birth to her first baby yesterday, a son named Kace Townes Murray.
When I was a teenager, I fell in love with Jewel’s song “You Were Meant for Me,” which I would sing badly every time it came on the radio. Since the singer has been around for a while, let’s take a look 10 fun facts you might not know about new mom Jewel:
1. While living in Alaska, Jewel’s childhood home didn’t have indoor plumbing. Her family used an outhouse.
2. Jewel’s first album, Pieces of You, was one of the best selling debut albums of all time, going platinum 15 times.
3. Jewel once toured with a broken collarbone and three broken ribs.
4. “A Night Without Armor: Poems” was written by Jewel in 1998.
5. Jewel wrote her baby a small book of poems.
6. Her first country album, Perfectly Clear, was released on June 3, 2008
7. Jewel married rodeo cowboy Ty Murray on August 7, 2008 after 10 years together.
8. Jewel was supposed to compete on the eighth season of Dancing with the Stars against her husband, but had to drop out five days before the show started due to she stress fractures in the tibia of both legs.
9. She hosts the Bravo TV show Platinum Hit.
10. She recently finished her second children’s album, ‘The Merry Goes ‘Round,’ which comes out this fall.