The gospel world was deeply saddened this week to learn that MaLinda Sapp, wife of beloved Gospel singer Marvin Sapp, has died. Sapp passed away on September 9, 2010 at the age of 43, after her second bout with colon cancer.
Who was MaLinda Sapp? Here are 10 things about the woman and her work, according to Marvin Sapp’s official website:
- She was an educated lady, being a college professor, a limited licensed psychologist, and a licensed professional counselor.
- Her husband, Marvin Sapp, is the founder and senior pastor of the Lighthouse Full Life Center Church which is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- MaLinda was an Administrative Pastor at Lighthouse Full Life Center Church.
- The Lighthouse was had a three fold focus that included body, soul and spirit.
- The couple also established Entrepreneurs Exchange that is a faith based business fellowship.
- Not only was MaLinda very involved in the Lighthouse, but she was handled Marvin’s recording contracts as his manager and also was the executive producer on many of his audio and video recordings.
- She loved music and included her likes as Gospel music, Ken Reynolds, George Moss, Howard Gospel Choir of Howard University on her Facebook page.
- It was reported that MaLinda “was given a clean bill of health by doctors after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer in 2009. But then, those health concerns resurfaced and Marvin Sapp requested intense, around-the-clock prayer.”
- MaLinda and Marvin were married for 15 years.
- Marvin and MaLinda have three children together, Marvin II, Mikaila, and Madisson.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Sapp’s friends and family at this time.