After some hard times, Jackie Garcia is smiling again. The former girlfriend of slain NFL star Sean Taylor got married to Shay Hayley, a member of N.E.R.D., over the weekend. She looked radiant in a gorgeous white gown, and Chris Brown was on hand to sing to the couple, while N.E.R.D.’s Pharrell Williams was best man.
Things haven’t been easy for Jackie Garcia. She was in the house with her 18-month-old daughter when Taylor was shot by burglars three years ago.
Here’s five things about the resilient beauty:
1. She’s Andy Garcia’s niece.
2. Andy Garcia hailed Sean as a hero when he was killed, saying that he likely saved Jackie and his daughter’s life by keeping them in the bedroom while he went to investigate.
3. Garcia called 911 while she and her daughter were hiding under the bed during the invasion.
4. She played for the Miami women’s soccer team.
5. She majored in liberal arts.
Other recent posts by ToniFitz76: