Maria Sharapova: Five Things About Maria Sharapova Other Than Her Tennis CareerTheMommyologist
Maria Sharapova is definitely a happy girl these days! On Tuesday, she got engaged to her boyfriend of about a year, Sasha Vujacic, who plays for the LA Lakers. She made a comment in 2008 about hoping to have a nice husband and a few kids in 10 years, and it looks like she’s beat her deadline!
Maria Sharapova is one of the most well known female tennis pros out there, but who is she off the court?
Here are five things about Maria Sharapova other than being a champion tennis player:
1. Maria is Russian, but moved to the United States at the age of six. She currently resides in Manhattan Beach, California.
2. She was appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Development Programme in 2007 and donated $210,000 to Chernobyl recovery projects.
3. She has been featured in Sports Illustrated, and has been voted one of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People, along with Maxim’s hottest athlete in the world.
4. She is a dog lover, and has a Pomeranian named “Dolce.”
5. In 2010, she signed an 8-year contract with Nike for $70 million dollars.