Michael C. Hall’s divorce will soon give him two ex-wives: Jennifer Carpenter, his co-star in the decidedly kid-unfriendly “Dexter,” and Amy Spanger, starring in the kid-tastic adaption of “Elf,” the hit Will Ferrell movie. But Spanger’s resume doesn’t include too much else that’s kid-friendly! She and Hall were married from 2002 to 2006, and a year later he and Carpenter wed. Here’s five things about Amy Spanger, including her “American Idol” connection.
1. She’s a Broadway singer and actress with a long list of credits dating back before she wed Hall.
2. She played Maureen in the first national tour of “Rent” and also appeared in Jonathan Larson’s “tick, tick … BOOM!”
3. She has co-starred twice with former “American Idol” contestant Constantine Maroulis.
4. She and Hall co-starred in “Chicago” together after they married.
5. She also guested on “Six Feet Under,” Hall’s former HBO show.
Other recent posts by ToniFitz76: