“Hot in Cleveland” star Valerie Bertinelli knows a thing or two about high-profile relationships. She was married to fellow celebrity Eddie Van Halen for years. But giving so many of us hope that we, too, can someday meet and marry a glamorous celebrity, Bertinelli married non-celeb Tom Vitale over the weekend. So who is Tom Vitale, Bertinelli’s new husband and new stepfather to Wolfie, her son with Van Halen? Here’s five things about him.
- 1. He is a 48-year-old financial planner. (Bertinelli is 50.
- He has been dating Bertinelli for six years.
- He’s apparently secure with himself Bertinelli’s ex Van Halen was at the wedding.
- He lives with Bertinelli in Malibu.
- He got the jitters when he asked for Bertinelli’s hand earlier this year. “It was sweet when he asked me, because he was so scared. I was like, ‘Are you kidding me?'” she told People magazine.
Congrats to the happy couple! (And Bradley Cooper, I can make myself available if you ever want to dump Renee Zellweger for a non-celeb.)