Attempting to clean your kids’ room is challenging, but what’s even harder? Getting them to organize their own toys. No matter how many times you ask, the message just goes in one ear and out the other. The pile of toys on the floor just never ends — until now. With this fun organization hack, your kids will voluntarily organize the mess. Yes, we’re serious!
Repurpose a shoe organizer into DIY Doll Sleeping Bags with some fabric, glue, and paint. When bedtime comes, your little ones will want to tuck their dolls into their own personalized beds — it’s like a slumber party for their toys!
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Doll Sleeping Bags
- Over-the-door shoe organizer (like this from Amazon)
- Craft paint
- Old fabric from around the house (t-shirts, pillowcases, tablecloths, etc.)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- White felt
- Cotton balls
- Dolls (like these from the Disney Store)
- Paint the top of a pocket with white craft paint for the sheet. Let dry.
- Cut a rectangle of fabric, leaving an extra 3/4 inches on the left and right side.
- For fabrics with a raw edge, fold and glue the bottom. Once dry, place it on the pocket and glue the bottom edge in place.
- Fold the top to make it look like the comforter. Then glue the fold in place and glue down to the pocket.
- Next, glue the sides down, folding them around either side of the pocket.
- Repeat these steps for as many pockets as you like.
- To make the pillows, cut two 2 x 3-inch pieces of white felt. Apply glue along three edges of one of the pieces and place the other on top. Let dry. Stuff the pillow with 2 cotton balls and seal the final edge closed with hot glue. (Tip: To secure in place, carefully hold the final edge closed while the hot glue sets.) Then glue each completed pillow above the beds. Let dry completely.