Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company.
Isn’t it amazing how a simple item can be transformed into something so beautiful? That’s definitely the case for this craft — turning egg cartons into pretty lights to decorate the wall, railing, or Christmas tree. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also a great way to recycle. You can use any color to suit your decor and it’s the perfect craft to make with your family.
Better yet, make a few extras to donate to a children’s hospital or retirement home. The holidays provide a great opportunity to give back, and put the focus on building a stronger community. Involving your children in this process teaches them the importance of kindness and generosity.
Egg Carton Lights
inspired by Norske Interior Blogger
- Egg carton
- White acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Gold glitter
- Light strand
- Tape (optional)
- Use scissors to cut the cups out of the egg carton.
- Cut 4 slits in the cups, vertically from the base.
- Continue to do this until you have the desired amount of “flowers.”
- Paint each using your color of choice. Allow to dry completely, apply glue in the center, and sprinkle with glitter, if desired.
- Thread each light through the bottom of the carton. If needed, use tape to hold in place.
- Hang, and enjoy!
Disney is sharing the joy this holiday season by giving to deserving kids and families. To find out ways you can help make your community healthier, happier, and stronger, click here.