Thanks to Disney Friends for Change for sponsoring this post.
Keeping a garden is a great way to teach your little ones about responsibility, and this DIY Eggshell Garden is the perfect activity! Use eggshells, a carton, and a little soil to create this windowsill accessory for your herbs, spices, or small plants.
DIY Eggshell Garden
- Metal spoon
- Egg carton
- Herb seeds
- Spray bottle
- Crack the top of your eggs with a spoon. Use the eggs in a meal. Then rinse the insides.
- Place eggshells in the carton.
- Add 1 teaspoon of soil to each.
- Add your seed of choice. Then add 1 teaspoon of soil on top.
- Fill the spray bottle with water and lightly spray the soil.
- Place in a sunny area and water for 2 weeks. Then watch as your Eggshell Garden comes to life.
Disney wants to hear from youth, 5-18, who are making a difference in their community. Share how kids in your life are helping to create a brighter tomorrow. Their project could win a $500 Disney Summer of Service grant. To apply, visit www.disney.com/beinspired.More On