Are your walls feeling empty? Add a floral flair with these simple DIY Flower Cones. This craft is super quick to create, plus, it calls for items found around the house. Grab some craft paper, washi tape, mounting tape, and you’re done. Add fresh flowers for a get together or keep up dried flowers all year long. And with easy removal from the wall, it’s the perfect decoration for parties or a quick upgrade!
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Flower Cones
inspired by Style Me Pretty
- Square scrapbook paper (like this from Amazon)
- Glue stick
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Washi tape, optional (like this from Amazon)
- Mounting tape (like this from Amazon)
- Roll the scrapbook paper to create a cone shape. Keep one end tight so the flower stems don’t fall through, while keeping the other end open. Use the pen to help begin rolling.
- Hold tightly and use the glue stick to keep the ends together and the cone shape intact before hot gluing.
- Hot glue underneath the paper flap on the smaller end and press firmly for about a minute, so the glue hardens. Repeat with the flap on the open end. Let the hot glue dry completely and cool, for 5-10 minutes.
- Use washi tape to add fun designs to the paper.
- Then cut two pieces of mounting tape and place on the back of the cones.
- Add flowers, cutting the stems for a perfect fit.
- Place cones on the wall and press firmly for 30 seconds.