Halloween isn’t just for the little ones — it’s for the whole family! They may not be able to eat candy, but your pets can get a touch of magic with some adorable costumes. With this simple DIY Kitten Witch Costume, your own cat can be a witch too. Turn some tulle into a skirt and felt into a hat, and your kitty can join in on the festive fun.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
Kitten Witch Costume
- Black fabric elastic (like this)
- 2 safety pins
- Orange, green, black, and purple tulle (like these)
- Black felt (like this)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Yellow and purple ribbon (like these)
- Raffia (like this)
- Thin dowel rod (like this)
- Twine (like this)
- To create the skirt, cut elastic to fit around your cat. Then connect the ends with a safety pin.
- Cut 1-inch strips of tulle.
- Add the strips onto the elastic band by tying a knot at the end.
- To create the hat, draw a flat cone shape and circle on the paper — about the size of your cat’s head — then cut out the shapes. Pin both to the black felt and cut them out.
- Place glue on one end of the flat cone shape, then roll it to create a multidimensional cone. Glue the bottom of the cone to the circle. Glue ribbon to the outside of the hat.
- Cut elastic to the size of your cat’s head and connect ends with a safety pin. Then glue the elastic band to the bottom of the hat.
- To create the broom, cut your dowel rod to the right broom length. Then fold the raffia. Next, place the rod into the raffia, and tie together with twine.