Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company. Also, Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
Make reading time extra fun for your little ones by making these Nightmare Before Christmas Corner Bookmarks! Cut out some stencils and paint on their favorite characters to create this simple DIY. They’re perfect for the holidays as well as back to school season, and won’t get lost in their books — unlike regular bookmarks.
The Nightmare Before Christmas Corner Bookmarks
inspired by Art with Mrs. Peroddy
- White card stock
- Printable Jack Skellington Stencil
- Printable Sally Stencil
- Printable Mayor Stencil
- Craft knife (like this from Amazon)
- Black acrylic paint (like this from Amazon)
- Thin paintbrush
- White glue
- Using the ruler, measure and cut out a square from the card stock that is 6 x 6 inches in size.
- Fold the square in half to form the shape of a triangle.
- Grab one corner and fold it upwards towards the tip of the triangle shape. Repeat with the other corner.
- Unfold the two corners and take one layer at the tip of the triangle and fold downwards.
- Grab one of the unfolded corners and secure behind the folded layer at the tip of the triangle. Repeat with the other corner.
- Now your card stock should be diamond-shaped. Use leftover card stock to cut out a triangle shape to glue over and cover visible folds. Repeat steps for additional bookmarks.
- Scale and print Jack Skellington, Sally, and Mayor images on card stock, to fit the size of each bookmark.
- Use knife to cut out shapes, creating the stencils.
- Place each stencil over a corner bookmark and fill in with black paint. Let dry.