Welcome your guests with this bright DIY Pineapple Doormat. The fruits are wonderfully trendy and are in fact symbols of hospitality. Plus, they’re pretty too! All you need is a plain doormat, sponge, and some acrylic paint. It’s that easy!
Editor’s note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Pineapple Doormat
- All-purpose sponge (like this one from Amazon)
- Craft knife
- Plain doormat (like this one from Amazon)
- Yellow and green acrylic paint
- Paper plates
- Use the knife to cut out one pineapple and two small leaf shapes from the sponge.
- Put yellow and green paint in separate paper plates.
- Using the pineapple-shaped sponge, dip one side into the yellow paint and place it carefully on the doormat. Press down and hold for a few seconds to help the paint set into the mat.
- Take a leaf-shaped sponge and dip it into the green paint. Place it carefully above the yellow paint print. Dip and print the second leaf sponge on the other side, to create a pineapple shape.
- Repeat until you have a fun pineapple pattern.
- Let dry. Then add a second coat of paint.