Thanks to Disney Friends for Change for sponsoring this post.
Embrace your inner Snow White and bring birds to your backyard with this adorable DIY Popsicle Bird House. Have your kids lend a hand with the craft. And once it’s hung, they’ll love watching for feathered friends.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Popsicle Bird House
- Colored popsicle sticks (like these from Amazon)*
- Hot glue gun and hot glue (like these from Amazon)
*You can use plain popsicle sticks and paint them, or buy colored ones.
- Line up 12 popsicle sticks.
- Create a line of hot glue across the top and bottom. Place a popsicle stick on both. Repeat on the left and right.
- Put dots of hot glue on the ends of these four sticks and place popsicle sticks on top. Follow this pattern to build the walls of the bird house.
- Put hot glue on four sticks and secure them to the front and back sides to create posts.
- Line up two sets of 12 popsicle sticks. Create a line of hot glue across the top and bottom of both, and place popsicle sticks on each.
- Place hot glue on either side of a popsicle stick. Attach to both sets of sticks. Hold to dry.
- Hot glue the top of the posts. Place the roof on the glue. Let it dry.
- Put the rope through the bird house roof and tie a knot with the ends.
- To create a ledge, put hot glue on one of the openings on the front and place a popsicle stick through it.
- Add bird seed inside the bird house.
Disney wants to hear from youth, 5-18, who are making a difference in their community. Share how kids in your life are helping to create a brighter tomorrow. Their project could win a $500 Disney Summer of Service grant. To apply, visit www.disney.com/beinspired.More On