Your kids can take part in the gift of giving this season by creating a simply beautiful Pumpkin Pie Ornament — perfect for leaving as a favor on the Thanksgiving table! All you’ll need are popsicle sticks, paint, cotton ball, and twine to instantly transform household items into this adorable craft. Plus, it only takes around 20 minutes to make and will bring a festive touch to any holiday occasion.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Pumpkin Pie Ornament
- 10 popsicle sticks (like this from Amazon)
- All-purpose glue (like this from Amazon)
- Light brown and light orange acrylic paint (like this and this from Amazon)
- Small and medium-sized paintbrushes
- Cotton ball
- Thin twine (like this from Amazon)
- Decorative pumpkin (like this from Pottery Barn)
- Glue each popsicle stick side-by-side against one another. Let dry.
- Draw the shape of a slice of pie onto popsicle sticks, and cut off excess sticks.
- Mix light brown and light orange paint together to create a color that resembles pumpkin pie filling.
- Starting from the bottom tip of the pie, paint on sticks moving upwards. Leave top of pie unpainted to resemble the crust. Let dry.
- Shape the cotton ball to resemble whipped cream, and glue onto the center of the pie slice.
- Cut a piece of twine and tie into a loop. Add a bow, if desired. Glue to the back. Let dry completely.