While breast pumps are helpful when you’re away from your baby, they aren’t always convenient or budget friendly! That’s why we’re loving this hands-free DIY Pumping Bra.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Pumping Bra
- Supportive sports bra*
- 2 breast shields (like these from Amazon)
- Fabric glue
- Orange (optional)
- Try on your sports bra and mark where your nipples will be. (Note: If there are any removable pads or lining, remove beforehand.)
- Remove bra, then line up the small end of the breast shield around the marks. With a marker, trace around the inner circle on both sides.
- Cut out the circles. (Note: Make sure not to cut them bigger than the mark.)
- Glue all of the bra layers together. Let dry. (Tip: Place an orange underneath the breast area of the bra while it dries to keep all layers together.)
- Insert your breast shields and start pumping!
*Note: Make sure the bra has a snug fit. The following styles are also helpful: support under breasts, thick straps, no wiring, and easy closure.