I finally got around to cleaning out my closet (just a year or so behind), and had a stack of sweaters that hadn’t seen much use. I found myself still in love with their colors and patterns. But in an effort to minimize my wardrobe, I parted with most and kept my favorites to repurpose. It’s always so refreshing to give that ol’ closet a purge, and even more rewarding when you can re-use a few items! One dig through my daughter’s play jewelry and I had three bracelets begging for a facelift. This DIY Bracelet couldn’t be easier. In just a few minutes, you’ve repurposed your favorite sweaters and updated your jewelry box!
DIY Sweater Bracelets
- Sweater (a tighter knit with a bit of stretch works best)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Cut a portion of the sleeve to fit around your bracelet. I doubled the width of the bracelet and added about 1/4 inch.
- Slide your bracelet inside the sleeve.
- Begin by gluing one edge directly to the bracelet. I found it easiest to work in 2-inch portions. Apply the glue to the inside of the bracelet and then gently press the fabric down.
- Repeat with the second side, and stretch just a bit to pull the fabric taught.