Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company. Also, Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
This craft is so perfect! Not only does it make for adorable kids room decor, but it’s also functional as a toy storage container. With a little paint, cardboard, and card stock, you can transform a flower pot and apothecary jar into a mini Toy Story Claw Machine. This DIY will instantly make cleanup time fun for the kids.
Toy Story Claw Machine Craft
- 4-inch flower pot (like this from Amazon)
- Black, gray, yellow, dark red, and light red acrylic paint (like these from Amazon)
- Large, medium, and small paintbrushes
- Gold alphabet stickers (like this from Amazon)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- White card stock
- Red construction paper or card stock
- Apothecary jar (like this from Amazon)
- Paint entire pot with dark red paint. Once dry, paint half of a black circle for the prize slot, and a small black trapezoid above it for the coin slot.
- Place stickers on the prize slot to make the word “PRIZE.”
- From the bottom of the pot, paint a 1/2-inch thick stripe with light red paint. Once dry, paint thin, vertical dark red lines all along the previously painted stripe.
- Along the surface of the cardboard, cut out four spaceship wings that are proportionate to the sides of the pot. Paint each wing with dark red paint and glue onto pot.
- Place stickers vertically along two sides of the jar to spell out “SPACE CRANE.”
- Glue the bottom of the jar onto the top of the pot.
- Cut a claw shape out of the white card stock and paint it gray. Once dry, glue it to the bottom of the lid.
- Create a cone shape out of red card stock, gluing the ends together. Then trim to fit the top of the lid. Paint the very top of the cone yellow. Let dry.
- Glue the finished cone onto the top of the lid.
- Place your kids’ favorite toys inside the jar. Then enjoy!