Add a pop of color to your kid’s next school bag with this DIY Watercolor Backpack. Not only will your little one’s bag stand out in the hallways, but they can also design the color combinations. This is a great DIY for you to do together before they head back to school.
Editor’s note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
- Garbage bag
- 3 plastic bowls
- 3 concentrated fabric dyes (like this one from Amazon)
- 3 foam brushes
- Canvas backpack (like this one from Amazon)
- Spray bottle
- Lay out garbage bag to prevent stains.
- Put each dye in separate bowls.
- Dilute the dyes with water.
- Using a foam brush, watercolor the backpack with one color.
- Place water in bottle and spray to blend the color. Repeat with the two other colors.
- Flip the backpack over and repeat the watercolor and blending.
- Let the backpack fully dry for 1-2 days. Then rinse in cold water to make sure all the excess dyes are removed. Let dry again.