Planning out how to decorate your pumpkin this Halloween can be so hard sometimes. Forget the carving kit and have more fun with paper maché instead! Your little ones will love playing with the gooey glue while putting pretty paper all over the pumpkins. Choose any fun or pretty designs because this DIY Wrapping Paper Pumpkin transforms the usual frightful decor into a masterpiece.
We chose a wrapping paper with teal accents to support The Teal Pumpkin Project — an initiative encouraging families to place teal pumpkins on their stoop, signaling that their house offers non-food treats for kids with food allergies.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
Wrapping Paper Pumpkin
inspired by Sincerely Sarad
- Craft pumpkin (like this from Michael’s)
- Painter’s tape
- Gold spray paint (like this from Amazon)
- Wrapping paper (like this from Papyrus)
- Craft glue (like this from Amazon)
- Sponge brush
- Put paper on top of the pumpkin stem. Cut a hole in the paper and push the stem through. Tape paper around the stem.
- Spray paint the stem. Let it dry.
- Fold the wrapping paper and use the yardstick to measure 1 inch wide. Use the pen to draw a line along the yardstick. Cut the strip. Then repeat to make many paper strips.
- Add craft glue to the bowl. Use the sponge brush to paint glue on the pumpkin. Then layer the wrapping paper strip down on the glue-covered area of the pumpkin. Repeat until it’s covered. Let it dry.