Add a little fun to plain coasters with these DIY emoji versions. This craft is easy to make, and will be an adorable addition to your home decor. Pick up some cork coasters and acrylic paint to get started!
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
- Cork coasters (like these from Amazon)
- Acrylic paint — yellow, black, red, and white (like these from Amazon)
- 2 paint brushes (1 small and 1 medium)
- White paper
- Semi-gloss acrylic sealer
- Paint the coasters yellow with the medium brush. It may take 3-4 coats. Let the paint dry in between each layer, and overnight to dry completely.
- To make the emoji stencils, trace a coaster on the paper, then freehand draw your favorite emojis. Cut the shapes out of each.
- Place the stencils on top of the cork coasters. Tape them down.
- Trace the outlines of the stencils with the pencil. Then remove from coasters.
- Paint and fill the shapes with the coordinating color using the small paint brush. Let dry.
- Cover the coasters with sealer and let dry.