Last-Minute Felt Flower Holiday Wrapping Idea (Tutorial)!!jentatertots
There are only a few more days until Christmas. We are all running around trying to tie up those last minute details. Now comes the wrapping. After all of that planning and effort, you want your package to be beautiful! My sister Ashley of Flaunt Boutique has a job making things beautiful. Ashley made these beautiful packages. I wanted to show the tutorial on how to make these beautiful felt flowers you can make in minutes to embellish YOUR holiday packages!
Find out how to make these beautiful Felt Flower pins after the jump!
Plus, you can add a pin to the back so your recipient can take the bow off and use it all year round — as a pin for sweaters, bags or coats! Here’s how you make the pins:
- 1. Take your felt fabric, cut out circles – the size depends on how big you want your pins to be. I made mine between 3-4 inches in width. Also, make 36″ of 2-inch wide felt strips for each flower that is 3 inches wide. If you make a 4 inch wide flower, cut another 18 inch long felt strip.
- Put a line of glue down each of the strips. Press the seams shut.
- Cut each of the strips every 1/4 inch half way through the material.
- Put a circle of hot glue around the edge of the felt circle.
- Press a felt strip onto the hot glue and wrap it inside of the circle.
- Put more hot glue inside the circle.
- Then press another strip into the inside of the circles, winding it inside the center until the whole circle is filled.
- Press down on the flower.
- Then add a dab of glue to the back and press in the pin finding.
Then add your felt flowers to your holiday packages!! Or just package them on their own. I made these with my girls as little Christmas Friend Gifts!!