The holiday season has officially begun! What better way to get your little ones in the festive spirit than with a DIY advent calendar filled with daily surprises?
This calendar is extra special, as it’s made of household lids. Instead of throwing away your laundry detergent, tupperware, yogurt containers, etc., create this festive hack to celebrate the season. Customize each day with its own retro holiday look with some craft paper, washi tape, and marker. Decorate your fridge with the completed calendar and watch as your kids have fun counting down to Christmas!
Lid Advent Calendar
- Assorted lids
- Spray paint
- Tacky glue
- Craft paper
- Washi tape
- Rubber bands
- Spray paint your lid with desired color. Let dry.
- On the bottom of the lid, use tacky glue to attach a magnet. Let dry.
- Using a pencil, trace bottom of lid onto craft paper then cut it out.
- Decorate the cut-out with washi tape then glue to the inside of the lid.
- For the lid cover, trace top of lid onto craft paper. Then cut out 1/2″ wider than lid.
- Cut slits all around the outside.
- Using a marker, decorate the cover with a cool number design.
- Add present inside of lid then add the cover on top.
- Bend the slits down then secure by adding rubber bands around the edge of the lid.
- Repeat for each lid — creating the rest of the days in the advent calendar. Enjoy!