Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company. Also, Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
For every young Disney lover, some Mickey room decor is a must. And this DIY Mickey Mouse Button Art is the perfect touch. Glue black, red, and yellow buttons onto burlap, then frame the masterpiece. It’s guaranteed to bring your little one a bit of magic.
DIY Mickey Button Art
inspired by Repeat Crafter Me
- White or tan burlap (like this from Amazon)
- Picture frame (8 x 10 is the best size)
- Mickey template, optional
- Small black, red, and yellow buttons (like these from Amazon)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Unfold the burlap and lay it flat on top of the picture frame.
- Mark the edges of the frame with a marker. Cut the burlap to create a rectangle.
- Use the template to trace Mickey’s head onto the burlap, or freehand draw.
- Start gluing the black buttons onto the burlap, on the top portion of Mickey. (Be careful when gluing the small buttons, so you don’t burn your fingers.)
- Glue the red buttons towards the bottom half of the outline. Add two yellow buttons, as his pant buttons. Let the glue cool and dry overnight.
- Take the glass out of the picture frame. Place the burlap on top of the back of the frame and tape it flat.
- Put the burlap in the frame.