Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company.
We have officially entered the holiday season and what better way to count down to that special day than with a homemade advent calendar, using household items? All you need is an old 24-cup muffin tin and some card stock, wrapping paper, or even old holiday cards. Then fill them with small treats, like candy, bracelets, or small toys. Notes with riddles or activities would also be fun. And watch as the little ones light up each day, as they receive holiday treasures. Why not spread the joy this holiday season by making extra to donate to your local children’s hospital? That’s what this season is all about!
DIY Muffin Tin Advent Calendar
inspired by Chica Circle
- 24-cup muffin tin
- Sand paper (optional)
- Spray paint (optional)
- Card stock, wrapping paper, or tissue paper
- Glue stick
- Small toys, chocolates, candy, bracelets, notes, etc.
- Marker or stamp
- Festive foliage and ribbon (optional)
- Scissors or circle punch
- Glue gun and glue
- Sand muffin tin lightly and spray paint.
- Cut 24 circles out of card stock, wrapping paper, or cards. Alternatively, you can use a large circle punch if you have one.
- Fill each cup with little treats and glue card stock over muffin cup.
- Use a marker or stamp to write the numbers, from 1-24.
- If desired, hot glue some foliage on top of the muffin tin.
Disney is sharing the joy this holiday season by giving to deserving kids and families. To find out ways you can help make your community healthier, happier, and stronger, click here.