Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company.
Before you rake all your leaves away, save a few to make this sweet, colorful, and festive garland. But if you don’t have any real leaves, you can always use faux foliage.
We love the idea of using non-traditional colors to decorate for the holidays, so I chose a pink ombre design. This sweet garland makes for a great afternoon craft with the kids, and it’s perfect to donate to a children’s hospital. It’s easy, inexpensive, and the results are whimsical and fun!
Ombre Leaf Garland
- Leaves (real or fake)
- Acrylic paint (desired color and white)
- Paint brush
- Jute, ribbon, or yarn
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Choose a color and paint a leaf on both sides.
- Add a touch of white paint and mix thoroughly. Paint the next leaf. (For a gradual transition between colors, add a very small amount of white paint each time.) Allow leaves to dry.
- Apply a generous coat of glue to painted leaf.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter over leaf. Shake excess off and allow to dry.
- Use hot glue to attach leaves onto yarn, string, or jute.
- Now you’re ready to hang your garland on the wall or around the tree.
Disney is sharing the joy this holiday season by giving to deserving kids and families. To find out ways you can help make your community healthier, happier, and stronger, click here.