The little ones will enjoy helping you make this fun Paper Plate Basket, even more than eating the cookies inside. (Well, almost.) It’s an adorable way to give family and friends some delicious treats.
All you need is a paper plate, your favorite color of food dye, and shaving cream to get started. This will create a beautiful marbled effect. Don’t forget the bow for that extra touch!
Paper Plate Basket
inspired by It’s Always Autumn
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
- Shaving cream
- Blue and red food dye
- Paper plate
- Cover the baking sheet with wax paper.
- Add shaving cream to the baking sheet.
- Add drops of blue food dye to the shaving cream.
- Put a couple drops of red and blue food dye in a small bowl and mix together to make purple.
- Add the purple dye to the shaving cream.
- Spread the dyes and shaving cream around the baking sheet with a spatula.
- Press the paper plate onto the shaving cream.
- Remove the plate and wipe off excess cream with the spatula. Let it dry completely.
- Use scissors to cut 2-inch slits on opposite sides of the plate.
- Fold in the sides with the slits.
- Fold the other sides of the plate.
- Keep the slits folded down and tape the ends together.
- Tie a bow around the basket with the ribbon.
- Then place wax paper inside and add your treats.