This holiday season, create something a little different. Use leftover peppermints to DIY this beautiful garland. Simply fill your favorite cookie cutters with the candy and bake them in the oven. Then string the festive garland in a children’s room or family room.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Peppermint Candy Garland
inspired by Hello Homebody
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Cooking spray
- Holiday cookie cutters (like these from Amazon)
- Red and/or green peppermints
- Chopstick or skewer
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Lay parchment paper on baking sheet. Spray inside of each cookie cutter with cooking spray.
- Place one layer of peppermints inside cookie cutters.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 4-5 minutes.
- Take chopstick/skewer and create hole through each cutout. Then remove from cookie cutters.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Thread twine through each hole to create garland.