Transform felt and a wipes box into a pizza-themed (because who doesn’t love pizza?) Portable Tic-Tac-Toe toy that your kiddos won’t be able to get enough of! All it takes is this simple hack to instantly make a trip to grandma’s house, a plane ride, or a family spring break adventure more bearable.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
- Assorted colored felt
- Empty wipes box
- Hot glue gun
- Velcro dots (like these from Amazon)
- Trace the wipes box over the yellow, off-white, and blue felt and cut out rectangles that are slightly smaller than the traced dimension.
- Glue the yellow felt to the bottom interior of the box and the off-white to the inside of the lid.
- Glue the blue felt to the top of the lid.
- Pizza Time: For the crust, cut out a triangle-shaped pizza slice from yellow felt.
- For the sauce and cheese, repeat with the red and off-white felt. Cut along the tops of these triangles in a curved line.
- Glue sauce and cheese over the pizza slice. Let dry and then glue over the lid of the wipes box.
- With the off-white felt, cut four thin, wavy pieces to create more cheese.
- Arrange these pieces into a tic-tac-toe board over the yellow felt inside the box. Glue to secure.
- Next: Toppings! Cut out pepperonis, mushrooms, olives, and peppers to be the tic-tac-toe play pieces. Make sure to make four of each topping.
- Glue velcro dots to the backs of each topping.
- Decorate the pizza slice on the lid with some toppings and store all of the remaining pieces inside the box while not in use.