Instantly transform your table setting and add some pretty flair to your dinner party with these Pressed Flower Wine Glasses! All you need to create this beautiful DIY are a few inexpensive supplies. Feel free to customize the drinkware and flowers to your liking. Make it extra special with flowers from your family or the garden.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
Pressed Flower Wine Glasses
- Wine glasses
- Thin flowers
- 1 large paintbrush
- 1 small paintbrush
- 1 sheet paper towel
- 1 sheet paper
- 1 microwave-safe tile
- Sealer (like this one from Amazon)
- Varnish gloss (like this one from Amazon)
- Pluck off desired flowers and leaves from stems.
- Lay paper towel flat on table and place paper on top of it.
- On one side of the paper, place flowers and leaves upside down.
- Fold empty side of paper and paper towel over the plants. Place in microwave. Lay tile over folded sheets in the microwave to help flatten the flowers and leaves.
- At half power, microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. If plants are not completely dry when complete, keep microwaving at 30-second intervals until moisture is removed. When finished, gently remove pressed plants from paper.
- Paint sealer on the back of each plant and position on wine glasses as desired. Let dry.
- Finish by applying varnish gloss over pressed flower artwork. Let wine glasses dry overnight.