Have the kids help with the Halloween decorations this year by creating these simple DIY Spider Webs. Grab a few supplies from around the house — including some Q-tips and yarn — to instantly add a spooky element to your home.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Spider Webs
- 3 Q-tips
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Ball of thin white yarn (like this one from Amazon)
- Fake spiders (like these from Amazon)
- Glue two Q-tips together at the center to form an “x.”
- Lay a third Q-tip, vertically, on top of “x.” Glue down. Let dry.
- Tie end of yarn in a knot around the center of the Q-tips.
- From there, wrap yarn in between each of the Q-tips. (This is the step where your kids can get involved.)
- Use the following pattern: Wrap yarn underneath Q-tip on the right, then come back up and wrap around the Q-tip on the left. Repeat all the way around, going counterclockwise, until you’ve covered almost the entire surface, pulling it tight each time.
- Apply glue to the back of the last Q-tip and place the end of the yarn on it. Allow time to dry.
- Leave enough yarn for your spider web to dangle and snip off the excess.
- Glue fake spider to the front of your finished spider web.