Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax is a classic story and I’m really excited to see it come to life in the new movie. This is one of those stories that we need to be reminded of often, and this framed Truffula Tree craft does just that. It helps us to remember to “speak for the trees”, just as the Lorax does.
Truffula Tree Craft
- 1 piece of cardstock paper
- 10 inches striped twine, dark colors. Mine is green.
- 3 or 4 1-inch pom poms, the sparkly kind is best.
- 4×6 frame
- Cut down your cardstock paper to fit inside your frame.
- Cut 3 pieces of your twine, making one a little longer that the other 2. For the 4×6 frame, you’ll want them about 3 inches long.
- If your frame has an inside matte frame, place it over your cut piece of paper to make sure you stay within it’s lines.
- Line up your twine, making sure you have room at the bottom of your frame for your words, and then glue on each piece of twine in place.
- Glue on your sparkly pom poms to the top of the twine to create the classic Truffula trees.
- Add your words at the bottom of the frame: “Speak for the trees” and then this frame is ready to proudly display in your home. It could be placed on a shelf or hung on a wall.