Let’s be honest, cleaning our kids’ rooms involves shoving their toys into the nearest closet (or maybe even under their bed). But we’re making organization super simple and affordable.
This Toy Organizer Hack categorizes the drawers by toy, so your little ones can easily pick out items they want to play with next. Plus, the beautiful DIY adds the perfect pop of pastel to the room. No more clutter!
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
Toy Organizer Hack
- Stacking plastic drawer organizer (like this from Amazon)
- Spray paint in various colors
- Gloss sealer (like this from Amazon)
- Small toys
- Power drill
- 5/64-inch and 7/64-inch drill bits (like these from Amazon)
- Phillips power bit (like these from Amazon)
- Phillips head screws (like this from Amazon)
- Remove drawers from plastic container.
- Spray paint container. Apply up to 2-3 coats until color is even, allowing to dry in between coats. Spray with sealer and let dry thoroughly.
- Spray paint toys and allow to dry. Spray with sealer and let dry completely.
- Pre-drill drawers with 5/64-inch bit to avoid cracking. Then drill with 7/64-inch bit. (Note: Drill bit sizes will vary on the type of toys used.)
- Drill a screw in holes of each drawer, using Phillips power bit and screw. Then screw into toys to attach.
- Slide drawers back into plastic container, and fill with toys.