Organization for the kitchen, bathroom, well really any room in the house, is a must! And something that looks pretty too? That’s a win-win! Well this DIY fits the bill! Snag some old vinyl records and transform them into hanging baskets. They’re sure to add a vintage charm to your home. These Vinyl Record Hanging Baskets can store produce, hand towels, kids toys, and more!
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Vinyl Record Hanging Baskets
- 3 vinyl records
- 3 oven-safe bowls in different sizes
- Oven mitts
- 3 semigloss spray paints in various colors
- Power drill
- 5/64-inch drill bit (like this from Amazon)
- 1/8-inch drill bit (like this from Amazon)
- Preheat oven to 200 F. Place flat record on top of bowl and in oven.
- Heat for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Wearing oven mitts, remove then push record down into bowl to form correct shape. Then allow to cool.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with remaining records and bowls.
- Spray with desired paint.
- Once completely dry, pre-drill each record bowl with 3 holes using 5/64-inch bit. (Tip: Pre-drilling prevents plastic from cracking when creating a larger hole.)
- Drill through each hole with the 1/8-inch bit.
- Use twine to thread through the holes to create hanging baskets.