For every comment on this post and 30 other posts every day in August, Walgreens will donate a vaccine (up to 50,000 vaccines). A child dies every 20 seconds from a vaccine-preventable disease. We can change this reality and help save kids’ lives!
- Spend a semester at an overseas campus.
- Spanish is the new Mandarin.
- Under promise and over deliver.
- Switch from iOS to Android.
- Never use more than ten PowerPoint slides.
- Pursue moments of joy, not permanent happiness.
- Challenge the known.
- Embrace the unknown.
- Keep playing the ukelele.
- True learning starts after you graduate.
- If you fail, fail at difficult tasks.
- There is a bright, immovable line between right and wrong.
- Money cannot buy health.
- Your first job won’t matter in the long run.
- Children will be the greatest source of joy in your life.
- Never check baggage.
- Engineers give buildings; MBAs give money.
- Buy experiences, not objects.
- Enjoy your family and friends before they are gone.
- Pass me the puck.
What would you like to tell your son?
This post is inspired by Shot@Life, an initiative of the United Nations Foundation that educates, connects and empowers the championing of vaccines as one of the most cost effective ways to save the lives of children in the world’s hardest to reach places.
Blogust is part of a wider initiative proudly supported by Walgreens, the “Get a Shot. Give a Shot.” campaign. Walgreens has committed $500,000 to donate up to 3 million vaccines for those kids who need them most. Beginning September 3 through October 14, when you go to Walgreens to get your flu shot, Walgreens will donate a vaccine to the Shot@Life campaign! (*Subject to availability. Some restrictions apply. See pharmacy for details.)
Sign up here for a daily email so you can quickly and easily comment and share every day during Blogust! Stay connected with Shot@Life at www.shotatlife.org, join the campaign on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
And a comment below now!