I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Walt Disney World Resort brings out the romantic in me! The same pixie dust that floats through the air ducts around the parks and resorts, turning little girls into princesses and little boys into pirates, also sprinkles magic down on adults. When I am at Walt Disney World, I am relaxed, I am entertained, I am with the people I love most at the place I love most. I find myself holding my husband’s hand more often, stealing kisses on the dark rides, and grabbing a snuggle during the fireworks. And time alone with my love at the Happiest Place on Earth transforms Walt Disney World into the Most Romantic Place on Earth. If you’re headed to Orlando this Valentine’s Day — or any time of year — don’t miss out on these eight ways to love your valentine at Walt Disney World.
1. Book a Spa Date: While I’ll admit that my one couples massage experience ended with my ticklish husband vowing to never get another massage, the idea of a couples spa date still sounds wonderful to me! Both Senses spas — at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort — include a couple’s room where you and your love can enjoy a variety of spa treatments together.
2. Spend a Romantic Weekend at Romantic Resorts: You may not notice it while you’re pushing your toddler in a stroller, but several Walt Disney World Resort properties just scream romance. My favorite is Disney’s Polynesian Resort with the tiki torches and shadowy walking paths.
3. Have Dinner and See Fireworks at California Grill: When my husband and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary at Walt Disney World, we enjoyed meal after amazing meal. But our favorite, the California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, provides couples with the chance to enjoy world class cuisine and view “Wishes” fireworks from the rooftop deck.
4. Reserve a Romantic Table for Two at Victoria & Albert’s: Victoria & Albert’s remains one of the most sought-after eateries across all Disney properties. You want to wow while you woo? Book a table for two at this romantic dining locale.
5. Take a “Wishes” Fireworks Cruise: Did you know that you can book a yacht — the Grand Floridian’s Grand 1 — to cruise Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake? Private butler service is available to pamper you and your valentine while you enjoy “Wishes” from out on the water.
6. Go Horseback Riding for Two: I recently added horseback riding to Walt Disney World bucket list, and if you’re looking for a romantic outing while at the World, you may want to consider a little horseplay as well. Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground offers a variety of trail riding options, perfect for a romantic date!
7. Take a Horse-drawn Carriage Ride: If riding on a trail with a guide isn’t secluded enough for your tastes, consider a horse-drawn carriage ride through the less developed areas of Walt Disney World Resort. You and your sweetheart can enjoy a ride in an antique carriage through scenic landscape, providing you with 25 minutes of alone time before you rejoin the masses.
8. Check out in Flight at Sunset: I am afraid of heights and will not be taking myself up on this idea, but for those of you comfortable not having your feet on the ground, check out Characters in Flight at Downtown Disney. This giant, tethered balloon gives you 360 degree views of the entire Walt Disney World area from 400 feet up in the air. With a little planning you can time your flight for sunset or even a view of fireworks.
Image copyright Disney.