Looking for a way to add a little more fun to your Fourth of July Festivites? Why not invite your favorite all-American mouse? My kids love Mickey (particularly my six-year-old) and we love to work the mouse into party decor. We thought we’d come up with some Mickey Independence day treats and decor to show our Disney Side this year.
I used a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to make this festive Mickey Mouse fruit salad. It’s pretty easy to whip up with watermelon, honeydew (or any other white/light fleshed melon) and blueberries.
If you are entertaining at home, this Mickey Mouse balloon arch is a fantastic way to dress up a table or create a dramatic entry. It’s relatively easy to make but uses almost 100 balloons so I suggest you pick up a balloon pump!
We also enjoyed making these red, white and blue Rice Krispie “Firecracker” treats for our own celebration. They were simple to make. Instructions below!
1. Prepare your favorite recipe of Rice Krispie treats. Scrape onto wax paper until cool enough to handle.
2. Use an ice cream scoop or other small container to mold half circles.
3. Dip half circles into melted red chocolate. I used melting discs – I like to melt them in a mini crock pot. Be sure to set some discs aside for the ears. I used a fork to hold the half circle while dipping.
4. Press reserved discs into the dipped treats before the chocolate is hardened. Add sprinkles if desired.
5. When cool, thread a marshmallow or two onto a striped paper straw, top with Rice Krispie Mickey.
6. Bag treats in cellophane and tie with red/white/blue ribbon.
Optional: decorate marshmallow with candy.
Happy Fourth of July to you!